Beginning Quilter 2022 Sampler
This is a 9-month Block of the Month program that begins in March 2022 (March-November). Fabric is not included. (Photo is a mockup of the fabrics being used by the instructor.)
This quilt is designed with beginning quilters in mind. You should know how to sew a 1/4″ seam and use a rotary cutter before signing up. Lessons will include tips for successfully completing each block. However, even experienced quilters may hone their skills by participating in this Block of the Month!
- Each month, you’ll be sent instructions and a video tutorial to complete a single block.
- You’ll also have access to a private Facebook group with help available from the instructor and your fellow quilters.
- Monthly live sew-a-longs, where you can work on the block or just chat with others in the group.
- In Month 10, you’ll be sent a Bonus video with instructions for finishing your quilt.
- If you keep up, your quilt can be finished before the holidays!
(Colors noted are what is shown in diagram above)
- Focus fabric (print): 1-3/4 yards
- Neutral fabric (white): 1 yard
- Supporting fabric 1 (pink): 3/4 yard
- Supporting fabric 2 (light green): 1 yard (includes binding)
- Contrast fabric (blue): 1 yard
- Backing fabric: 3-1/2 yards
More details about choosing fabrics will be provided after sign up.
Even if you decide not to participate, click here to join the International Quilters’ Guild’s free Facebook group!
An initial payment of $30 is due when you register. The second payment of $30 will be charged 30 days later, and the third payment will be charged 60 days after your first payment.
About the Instructor: