September 2020 Mystery Quilt
This quilt requires the use of the Tri Recs Tools ruler set. If you do not already own it, you can purchase it at Joanns, most quilt stores, or via Amazon using the button below. (Note that this is an affiliate link, and I may get a small amount of money if you purchase using this link.) You do not need the tool until Clue 4 (October 16).
The finished size of this quilt is 64″ x 76″ (couch/throw size); if you want to make it larger and need to know how much fabric you’ll need, contact me. This is a fabulous quilt to use up scraps. It requires an almost equal amount of light value and dark value scraps. In the version I made, I used neutrals as the light value fabrics and only two colorways of dark value scraps. (I made a Christmas quilt, so I used scraps of red and green.) You can make it as controlled or scrappy as you want! This is not the quilt to use “busy” prints for borders.
- 2-3/4 yards of light-value fabric
- 2-1/2 yards of dark-value fabric (if you want to do as I did and use only two colorways, you need 1 yard of one of the colors and 1-1/2 yards of the other)
- 3/4 yard border fabric
- 1-3/4 yards border fabric
- 3/4 yard binding fabric
- 4 yards backing fabric
- The first clue will be sent at 8:00 AM (US Eastern time) on Friday, September 25.
- Subsequent clues will be sent every Friday at the same time.
- There are 6 clues total.
- After the mystery is over, you will be sent a complete PDF version of the pattern (retail value: $10).