Order Show Me How to Paper Piece class
Video lectures and step-by-step instructions by Patti Laird using Carol Doak’s book. Recorded & available indefinitely.
The videos and instructions for this class will be published in early August 2022. You will be sent an email when it’s ready.
Learn the basics of foundation (machine) paper-piecing using renowned teacher Carol Doak’s book. Beginners leap into quilting and create your first paper-pieced quilt (15” x 15”) with thorough instructions and guided visuals to help achieve a perfect, accurate block. Create your own wall quilt by sewing blocks that can be completed in 3 simple steps!
- Step-by-step instructions for perfect blocks
- Using book by expert quilter and best-selling author
- Facilitated by Patti Laird
- Easy for all skill levels! First-time quilters
can achieve accurate blocks
Cost: $40.00 (includes the physical book—mailed to you in the U.S.—if outside the US, additional postage will be charged)
- ¼ yard light fabric for the background
- ¼ yard total of assorted contrasting fabrics for the hearts
- ¼ yard for border and binding
- 15″ x 15″ square of low loft batting
- 15″ x 15″ square of backing fabric
- Sewing machine in good working order equipped with a size 90/14 needle. Open-toe presser foot if you have one. If not, your standard foot will be OK.
- Thread to match your fabrics and straight pins with a flat head
- Rotary cutter & mat
- 6″ x 6″ rotary ruler (Available from Patti–$10)
- 6″ Add-A-Quarter Ruler (Available from Patti–$6)
- Seam ripper
- Small pad of stick on notes and pencil to mark cut fabric piece locations
- Pressing mat and iron
- Optional: Additional Foundation Paper (Available from Patti–$15)
To purchase this quilt using points (15 points required), click here: